Monday, February 22, 2010

DIY: Fascinator

I have never wanted a veil. I think that they block your view and just get in the way, especially if its windy. A veil would not work for my outdoor wedding. But I did want something in my hair, so I started to dream about a fascinator. I have no idea why they call a hair flower a fascinator, but I'm going with it.

This is the fascinator that I feel in love with:

But at $60, I couldn't justify buying it. Thankfully, my obsession with wedding blogs paid off! There are tons of guides on how to make a fascinator and it looked pretty easy. After a quick trip to AC Moore, I had a white flower that looked like it had potential and it only cost $2.

One boring Saturday, I set out to make my fascinator! I followed this tutorial pretty closely. I just detached the flower petals from the stem and arranged the loose petals until I liked the way it looked. Then I loosely arranged some pears that my roommate had leftover from another project and sewed them in place. I also sewed on a barrette that my roommate wasn't using anymore and finished by putting a little hot glue between each petal layer so the flower wasn't so floppy. I love the way it turned out and it only took $2 and about 30 minutes!


 
Front View
 
 Side View

No comments:

Post a Comment