Monday, May 24, 2010

DIY: Flower Power

I've been really inspired by flower accessories lately. I am already going to wear a flower in my hair, so I didn't want to add any more flowers to my outfit, but I thought it might be nice to give some flower accessories as thank you presents. I hope to come up with a different flower accessory for each of my bridesmaid, but that might be too ambitious. I started off with a present for the flower girl and junior bridesmaid. I decided to make a flower headband for both of them because it seemed like an easy project and I had most of the materials. Here is an inspirational picture:



I had some left over white petals from making my hair flower and I picked up two headbands at the dollar store. A before picture of the headbands:

 

I used about 3 petals for each headband and decided against sewing the petals together. I grouped the petals with the smallest one in front and then hot glued them together. The petals were laying flat, so to make them more flower-like, I bunched the sides in until it looked right, then I hot glued the folded parts to hold the petals up. Once the flower looked right, I hot glued it to the side of the headband and was done!


It only cost me $2 to make two headbands, I hope Olivia and Sarah like them!

1 comment:

  1. HI Kathryn- I randomly came across your blog and I am planning a wedding in Franklin, NC at my fiance's parents home in fall of 2011. After looking through some of your blog I feel like you went through several of the same issues we have had and I wanted learn more about some of the vendors you used. We're going for a very similar feel for our wedding as yours was and was hoping to pick your brain a little. If you could email me at scroggin.j@gmail.com I would appreciate any help!

    Thanks,
    scroggin.j

    ReplyDelete