Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mountaintop View


As soon as we were engaged, actually since I was about 12, I knew I wanted to get married in Franklin, NC. My grandmother lives there, along with a lot of grand aunts and uncles, my parents are in the process of moving there and its where we spent a lot of our vacation growing up. My family lives on Wayah Mountain, which has a great old fire lookout tower on top, so I knew that was the spot.

Prior to getting engaged, I had already looked into what it takes to reserve Wayah Bald. Its a national park, so although I won't have sole rights to the location on our date, I did need a permit. In case anyone else out there is trying to get married in a national park, you need a permit if you are going to have more than 75 people present. You need to fill out an application and take it to your local forest office. Here is a description of the process. This actually went surprisingly well. My mom took the form and we were approved immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment