Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Florist- Take One

Will, Will's parents and I down to the mountains on labor day weekend so we could see what the site was like at the same time of year as the wedding. Will's parents had never been to Franklin before, so we also wanted to show it to them. Will and I stayed the whole week so we could do some planning and meet with some vendors. One of the meeting we had while we were there was with meet with a potential florist, April at East Side Florists.

I had already decided to do the centerpieces with the help of my family, so we were only looking to get bouquets and bouttonniers.

I decided I wanted all yellow for my bouquet and I have completely fallen in love with dahlias and billy buttons, so I'm hoping to incorporate both:

Something like this but in all yellow

For the bridesmaids, I wanted all white with pops of yellow since their dresses would be yellow:


This is exactly what I want, but as a bouquet.

Will had one request when it came to flowers, he wanted a sunflower and he only wanted one sunflower:


For the groomsmen, I thought these would be perfect to coordinate with the bridesmaids:


I found the cutest billy button bouttonniere and decided it would be perfect for the dad's and minister:



Finally, for the mothers, grandmother and female minister, daisies:


April seemed pretty optimistic about these choices and finding all the flowers. I had high hopes that she would come in under budget. But then, 3 months went by and we still haven't heard back from her with a price estimate. I even called the store trying to talk to her and she was out.

1 comment:

  1. I've recently fallen for the billy balls too. You have to incorporate them.

    ReplyDelete